Reports to: District Coordinator
Duty Station: Harare
Background and Purpose
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, its task to contribute to improvement in the nutritional and income basis for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Sector focus is on, WASH, Food and Nutrition security, Livelihoods and when necessary Emergency response.
Welthungerhilfe has entered into a partnership with WFP for the implementation of an Urban Social Assistance Project through a cash based transfer mechanism. The overall objective of the project is to save lives by providing support to 30 000 food insecure and crisis affected people in urban areas of Chegutu and Gweru urban domains. The multi-purpose cash assistance is expected to help offset loss of income due to loss of livelihoods due to shocks and stresses, including the impact of COVID-19 on mobility. The project will give unconditional cash transfers of $12 per person per month over a period of 6 months to cover food and household immediate needs, including soap. In order to successfully implement this project, Welthungerhilfe seeks to recruit for the following position.
To coordinate the development and implementation of a MEAL system within Welthungerhilfe for Urban assistance project.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate development and the implementation of a MEAL plan for the project;
- Support the District MEAL Officers to monitor MEAL requirements set in project MEAL plan;
- Support Head of Project to monitor compliance against MEAL requirements set in project MEAL plan;
- Contribute to the development of MEAL capacity to achieve agreed MEAL deliverables;
- Coordinate set-up and management of centralized project database;
- Produce consolidated MEAL Reports for the project.
- Support with training of enumerators responsible for routine data collection on Beneficiary registration, verification and Post Distribution Monitoring;
- Lead the production and training on use of the tools;
- Data updates and quality control management; Support the Head of Project by provide data on monthly activity progress against the set targets and conduct random on-site monitoring of project deliverables on a regular basis, and report findings to management;
- Accountability and learning;
- Support the Head of Project in ensuring that project staff are aware of the 9 Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) on quality and accountability;
- Staff training on CHS, including Safeguarding;
- Guide the setting-up of appropriate beneficiary Feedback Mechanisms;
- Ensure complaints are documented and processed using standard guidelines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree is required, preferably in the field related to program management, monitoring & evaluation, community development or its equivalent;
- Experience working for an International Non-Governmental organization;
- Experience in cash transfer monitoring, and experience with WFP MEAL systems and standards an added advantage;
- Demonstrated ability in training enumerators on data collection approaches and leading a team of data collectors;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to use digital/electronic data collection platforms and Microsoft office packages;
- Strong knowledge on application of Core Humanitarian Standards
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Welthungerhilfe does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Shortlisting will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 1 September 2020