Station: Binga District
Contract Period: July 2020 – December 2020
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. The International Medical Corps is anticipating an OFDA funded emergency access to water, hygiene and sanitation response project in Binga District, Matabeleland North. The International Medical Corps is therefore seeking a qualified candidate for this project. The position is contingent upon funding being received from the Donor.
The primary function of the MEAL Officer is to lead the project’s monitoring and evaluation learning efforts. S/He will lead in design and expedition of the project baseline and end line as well as other assessments as necessary and will provide strategic oversight to the design of the project management, information system and database.
The MEAL Officer will:
- Oversee the M&E system and all aspects of data collection, analysis and reporting ;
- Create and/or update M&E tools;
- Train field staff ;
- Routinely monitor implementation of all activities to ensure progress and identify programmatic issues that need to be addressed;
- Ensure data quality by performing regular supervision.
- The MEAL Officer will ensure that AAP data is collected routinely throughout the project cycle (not just at project mid and endpoints, enabling corrective action).
- She/he will develop and maintain local Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism (CBFRM) Procedures as per organizational CBFRM Guidelines.
- The Officer will also lead the learning efforts by taking a lead role in all humanitarian studies planned during the project cycle and ensure internal and external reports are of good quality and donor requirements in terms of quality and content.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of 2-3 years programming experience in humanitarian work with a specific focus on monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to speak the local language is an added advantage.
- To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline: 30 April 2020 (COB)