Location: Mutare, Harare
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
Reporting directly to the Project Manager and technically to the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Officer be will responsible for the effective management of M & E activities as well as assist in project design and tracking the implementation for the achievement of set targets.
Summary of key duties
- Responsible for the implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for data collection.
- Develop and manage databases for programme participants.
- Conduct training of project staff and stakeholders on data collection methodology and M&E systems.
- Disseminate monitoring and evaluation findings internally and externally through meetings and workshops.
- Contribute to the GOAL M&E component in proposal writing through the development of the logical frameworks and indicators.
- Establish appropriate community-based monitoring and evaluation systems including complaints/feedback handling mechanisms.
- Mainstream safeguarding issues of gender, HIV/AIDS, Child Protection and Environment in monitoring and evaluation.
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or the equivalent.
- Post-graduation qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation a prerequisite.
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementing surveys and other research activities within an NGO environment.
- Experience on Cash and Voucher system related M and E.
- Demonstrated experience in applying quantitative and qualitative /participatory research methods including skills in digital data gathering techniques.
- Evidence of maturity and experience in working on urban community programs.
- Experience in mainstreaming activities such as Safeguarding, Gender, HIV/AIDS &; Child Protection.
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills with proven record in provision and facilitation of trainings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to dialogue, and network.
- Proficiency in using standard computer programs like MS office and data entry/statistical packages, such as SCOPE, MS Access, SPSS, Minitab, Epi Info
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the preferred district on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 5 May 2020
Related Jobs (44)
Provincial Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Manicaland) on November 27, 2020 Contract