Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational and politically independent German non-governmental organisations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organisations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently the organisation together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response. Welthungerhilfe together with ICRISAT, CTDO and SAT are implementing a project entitled “Zimbabwe Agricultural Knowledge and Innovation Systems” (ZAKIS) which is funded by the European Union under the Zimbabwe Agricultural Growth Programme”. Part of this project involves communication of project achievements, progress, delays, as well as to stimulate dialogue among agriculture stakeholders in Zimbabwe. The project has developed a range of communication products as part of a project communication strategy which will influence the ministry’s communication and learning practices.
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Consultant who will participate, document and coordinate publicity of all the ZAKIS project activities with potential for media content.
The Consultant will be expected to:
- Work on the re-packaging of assessment reports for wider audience and facilitation and organisation of promotion and launch events;
- Coordinate ZAKIS contribution to ZAGP monthly newsletter;
- Bring the designed Agricultural Centre of Excellence Communication Strategy for the ZAKIS project to life through all the various media platforms;
- Support the implementation and capacity building of the Ministry of Agriculture Communication and Learning unit;
- Support quarterly information exhibition for the CLU;
- Support rollout and promotion of the ZimAgriHub;
- Support, and moderate the Ministry Directors breakfast briefings;
- Facilitate the publicity of the Set-up of Ward information centres which offer a range of printed and digital information products to farmers and other stakeholders;
- Support and promote the AGRITEX in-service training digital platform;
- Advise the ZAKIS team on any media related opportunities and strategies;
- Support publicity and promotion of Applications e.g. Kurima Mari;
- Coordinate improved and final branding of ZAKIS project sites;
- Facilitate an active social media presence with stimulation of pertinent dialogue (Twitter; Facebook, and other relevant platforms);
- Work on high quality re-packaged technical reports that are easy to read for a wider audience;
- Produce engaging stories for the ZAGP Newsletter generated from weekly, monthly and annual reports;
- Design, manage and share a calendar for proposed publicity events to profile ZAKIS ;
- Generate at least 2 mainstream media articles per month from ZAKIS internal reporting and all the ZAKIS main events across all Consortium partners;
- Production of 4 high quality and engaging documentaries for each outcome of the ZAKIS project for mainstream and social stream media (YouTube, online TVs, etc) ;
- Work on improved and final branding of ZAKIS project sites.
Experience and skills required
The Consultant must have:
- Extensive experience in development of interactive and engaging media content;
- Experience in identifying communication preferences for various target groups;
- Ability to create dialogue on and offline around key messages from project results;
- Awareness of challenges and solutions for low-connectivity, low-cost content.
To apply for this position please send a detailed proposal, consultancy fees and Curriculum Vitaes of key staff to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8 May 2020