An organization working in the area of democracy and governance seeks to recruit a Media & Information Officer
The Media and Information Officer will effectively and efficiently gather and disseminate information about the organization’s activities and any other election related issues to our stakeholders. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing activities under the Media and Information Department and will report to the Programmes Coordinator.
The Media & Information Officer will be expected to:
- To effectively gather and disseminate election related information to all stakeholders (network members, electorate, media, other civil society organizations (local, regional and international), Chapter 12 institutions, government and other institutions supporting democracy;
- Responsible for the writing of press statements, alerts, supplements, newsletters;
- Management and maintenance of information, repackaging and type setting information from other departments;
- Creating and managing social media content for the organization, website and email maintenance;
- Coordinating the organization’s publicity activities such as press conferences, exhibitions, expos;
- Fundraising and compiling reports including writing concept notes, project proposals, programme narrative reports, as well as consolidating reports from other departments e.g. annual reports and presentations for the organization;
- Implementing the programme funded activities e.g. training workshops for journalists, meetings with editors and key stakeholders;
- Managing the organization’s Resource Centre; Focal point of all IT issues in the organization;
- Represent the organization including writing and presenting papers on behalf of the organization at meetings or workshops;
- Managing the organization’s media and public relations in close liaison with the National Director and the spokesperson(s).
- Bachelors’ Degree in Media, Journalism or Communication;
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Minimum 3 years’ working experience in media, information and communication field;
- Experience in working in NGO sector, particularly in governance and democracy.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17 February 2020