A local NGO that envisions a Harm and disease-free society, is looking for skilled, passionate and committed professionals to implement a TB project. This project, uses a community rights and gender-based approach and innovations to end TB, targeting artisanal small-scale miners, surrounding communities and other high-risk groups.The intervention seeks to find TB cases, increase awareness and ultimately reduce TB incidence and mortality.
The positions will be based in Gweru, Gwanda, Kwekwe, Mwenezi, Chirumhanzu, Insiza, Shurugwi, Zvishavane and interested professionals should be prepared to work in both rural and urban setting.
The organisation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against gender, religion, race, creed, culture or sexual diversity and believes in safeguarding both employees and communities.
- All incumbents should be able to ride or willing to learn
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions mentioned below;
MEDICAL LAB SCIENTIST
- Processing laboratory tests for TB and other diseases that doctors count on to correctly diagnose and treat patients.
- Identification of abnormal blood cells, detect cancerous tumors, perform cultures and identify bacteria and viruses, and assure safe transfusion of blood products.
- Monitor testing quality and support staff in general lab operations.
- To set up and run a laboratory and follow up tests inclusive of TB.
- Perform and report lab test results ensuring a safe working environment
- Perform clerical work and computer tasks associated with specimen handling and analysis
- Be aware of/and handle hazardous materials in accordance with regulations to ensure a safe working environment
- Practice cost effective measures through appropriate use of laboratory supplies and equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of disease process and be able to differentiate between abnormal normal test results
- Ensure efficient turnaround time
- HBMLS or Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Current practising certificate
- At least two years’ experience
- A self-starter capable of working under minimum supervision paying attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Interested applicants should e-mail an application, CV, copies of certificates to email@example.com by 1200hrs 27 march 2020.
Related Jobs (23)
Seventy (70) x Community HIV Services Nurse (CHSN) on September 22, 2020 Contract
Project Officer – Community Based Inclusive Development on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Forty five (45) x HIV Services Quality Officer (HSQO) on September 22, 2020 Contract
Palliative Care Project Coordinator – Integration Project on September 22, 2020 Full Time
District Strategic Information and Evaluation Officer on September 21, 2020 Full Time