GWANDA PROVINCIAL HOSPITAL
RESPONSIBLE TO: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL DIRECTOR
DEADLINE: 24 April 2020
The job requires good management skills and a lot of physical and mental resilience to cope with pressures of the day to day problems of a provincial/ general hospital.
- Provides leadership to the Hospital Executive Committee, departmental heads and staff of the hospital in order to deliver quality medical care.
- Formulates and executes short and long term policies for the hospital in line with guidelines provided by the Provincial Medical Director.
- Monitors and evaluates services provided by the hospital regularly.
- Ensures cost effective and efficient use of all resources in the hospital and its satellite stations.
- Ensures effective management of clinical services and non-clinical support services.
- Effects sound human resources management and development i.e. ensure staff performance appraisals are done, identify staff development needs and training programmes etc.
- In consultation with the Provincial Medical Director ensures that Ministry of Health and Child Care and provincial health policies are adhered to.
- Performs clinical duties when necessary.
- Convenes medical boards required for civil servants and any other category of patients as agreed with Provincial Medical Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- MBChB or equivalent
- Post graduate qualification in public health or equivalent at Masters level.
- Registration with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe
- At least two years experience at a grade immediately below the grade of Medical Superintendent.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications accompanied by Cover letter, detailed CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 24 April 2020 to:
The Executive Director,
Health Service Board,
Old Parirenyatwa Hospital
P. Bag A6104