You must have the following experience with capabilities as follows to run the Mine operation;
- Life of mine planning for the mining department whilst overseeing all control and allocation of Capital Expenditure for continued operational management.
- Adequate management of the selected on-
- Daily operational planning and execution of the mining operation. With this you will need effective and efficient allocation of mining resources as measured by schedule compliance
- Preparation of the annual budget and management thereof
- Implementation of continuous improvement and cost control.
- Expansion of mining infrastructure and activities.
- Custodian of Safety, Health and Environment Management
- Liaise with related services to support production planning.
- Supplier and vendor management
- Continuous improvement of mining operations whilst also proactively developing quality systems, approaches and practices as needed.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly department reports are completed accurately
- Underground experience –
preferably from a large- scale operation
- The company requires a manager that is responsible, accountable and results driven. Transparency is also key in the relationship between GM and Mining Manager
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- A Mining Degree from a recognised and reputable institution.
- Precious metals mining experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar diversified high-
level operational asset, with 5 years being at a senior management level
- Experience working with contractor management.
- Strong experience in setting standards and procedures for underground mining operations
- Experience in both open pit and underground mining essential and familiarity with different mining methods.
- Knowledge of major mining product suppliers and service providers.
This is an urgent role to be filled soonest
Email CVs to Colin Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org