DanChurchAid (DCA) is an international organisation working in Zimbabwe through partnership with local organisations.
About the position
A vacancy has arisen within the Sizimele Consortium for Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant. The Sizimele consortium is a 10-member consortium, funded under the Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund (ZRBF) project.
Under the overall supervision of the Sizimele M & E Officer and matrix managed by the Matobo District Field Coordinator, the incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following:
- Be the custodian of ZRBF Sizimele beneficiary database at district level; avoiding unauthorized access to database soft and hardcopy output by third parties;
- Ensuring the database is up to date, is cleaned of duplicates by verifying data with beneficiaries;
- Conducting regular random beneficiary spot checks against hard copies for quality assurance, ensuring data gaps in the database are resolved, and that the database is backed up fortnightly;
- Ensure chronological filing of supporting evidence for all reported figures – filing by indicator by month;
- Printing and filing of beneficiary lists by intervention from the database;
- Document Most Significant Change stories/ human interest/ success stories complete with photographs and informative captions;
- Support the district field team to generate monthly and quarterly reports by providing the required figures/ numbers;
- Chase Sizimele partners for submission of completed training and beneficiary registers as well as supporting evidence for reported figures and ensure documentation is kept on file;
- Ensure asset completion forms for completed assets are signed by relevant stakeholders and kept on file;
- Collect GPS locations for interventions such as Commodity and ISAL of groups, infrastructure projects and provide sex disaggregated summaries of members/ beneficiaries;
- Draft site briefs for various interventions and update them on a regular basis in line with changing membership, incomes and activities;
- Conduct regular output and outcome monitoring of project interventions using consortia standard tools, analyse data and provide succinct monitoring reports to aid decision-making;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A Diploma or Degree in social sciences;
- A minimum of one-year professional work experience in development work;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others;
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and community mobilization skills; Excellent planning skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft/ Windows/Word/Excel required and ability to use mobile telephone technologies in data collection;
- Must be well organized and capable of completing multiple tasks before a deadline;
- Willing to be based in Matobo district;
- Sound report writing skills;
- Ability and or willingness to ride a motorbike;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of Ndebele language is an asset.
The position has a possibility of extension depending on performance and availability of funding.
Deadline: 19 June 2020
Related Jobs (4)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (Harare) on November 23, 2020 Full Time
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Officer on October 13, 2020 Full Time