Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest, privately-held, non-denominational, and politically independent German non-governmental organizations in the area of development co-operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner organizations, its task is to contribute to improved income and nutrition for the poorest rural populations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe almost continuously since 1980. Currently, the organization together with its partners has projects in 5 Provinces. Sector focus is on Food and Nutrition security including WASH, and when necessary Emergency response. Welthungerhilfe (German Agro Action) PVO 21/2003 is a consortium member of Livelihoods and Food Security (LFSP) that seeks to develop, sustain and improve food and nutrition security interventions in Gokwe South and Gokwe North Districts. The project is in the last phase of its project life. We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the positions below. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions, based in Gokwe and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application.
Welthungerhilfe seeks to engage a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the District M&E function is operational including, supporting the project team in the areas of planning, progress monitoring, reviewing, evaluation, documenting lessons and impact assessments.
- She/He will specifically ensure that information gathering synthesis, reflection and reporting processes are undertaken on time and in a participatory manner that is empowering to both project staff and partners.
- She/he will be expected to make regular consultations with the MEAL Coordinator.
- During the execution of these duties the MEAL Officer will liaise with other EXTRA officers.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be expected to:
- Support project/program staff on ways to document, organize and capture program progress (including best practices and case studies of innovation and initiatives);
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals, terms of reference);
- Review the performance of existing management information systems identify potential modifications;
- Manage and monitor implementation of project monitoring and evaluation in alignment with project requirements;
- Design and monitor key indicators, appropriate tools, formats and procedures for monitoring each level of the log frame;
- Oversee monitoring systems to track project performance and changes in the project;
- Assist in production of quarterly and annual reports as per donor requirements;
- Disseminate information on Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation to project;
- Manage database and information management system for programme output indicators;
- Collaborate with implementing partners and primary stakeholders;
- Organize and facilitate trainings on monitoring and evaluation functions for capacity;
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly activity report for the District Coordinator in a timely manner;
- Ensure adherence to submitted work plans;
- Collate all District EXTRA progress data per instructions from the supervisors;
- Support project team and partners to conduct periodic performance reviews and to effectively utilize and share M&E based information.
- This will include identification of lessons and best practices from their work, and to draw plans to implement action points on emerging issues in order to achieve informed programming and desired outcomes for EXTRA Project.
Qualifications, skills and experience required
- A Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics and Research or any related field;
- Relevant work experience as M&E officer in an International NGO;
- Experience in design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to build surveys onto digital platforms such as Akvo Flow, Kobo or ODK;
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, Excel and information dissemination software;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
To apply for this position please send a detailed Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to email@example.com stating the position you are applying for in the subject of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10 June 2020