Location: Harare & travelling to Bulawayo
Contract Duration: 1 year
The Future of Hope Foundation (TFoHF) is an NGO headquartered in Zimbabwe and founded in 2013. Our Mission is to capacitate, collaborate with, support and mentor marginal and vulnerable members of society through entrepreneurial and self-development initiatives. We facilitate research and training in innovative initiatives that provide for and promote sustainable food, nutrition, and income security to improve the conditions necessary for every member of society to reach their full potential.
Reporting to the Programs Manager this position is needed to assist TFoHF project monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures,
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical framework;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system,
- Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project;
- Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use,
- Support the documentation of case studies, best practices and most significant change stories.
- Assist in the generation and complication of the project reports in line with donor guidelines
- A degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Development Studies, or a related field from a recognized institution.
- A postgraduate qualification in research and or Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government;
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues,
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral):
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to all partners,
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude,
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your email subject clearly reads the position you are applying for.
NB: Only applications sent with the job title in the subject line will be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 June 2020