Community Technology Development Organisation (CTDO) formerly Community Technology Development Trust (CTDT) seeks to hire a qualified and experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to fill in a position that has arisen within the organisation. The monitoring and evaluation function aims to ensure that progress and results of the projects activities are monitored, evaluated and lessons learned communicated and acted upon in a timely, efficient and results-based manner. As a result, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will work under the direct dual management of the Programme Managers, and under the overall guidance of the Project Coordinators and in line with existing monitoring and evaluation related policies, guidance and tools of CTDO.
- Draft tools for data collection procedures under the supervision of the Programme Manager (e.g. logical framework, project performance tracking indicators, data flow charts, M&E manuals);
- Strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures of projects within the programme;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned grant(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives where necessary;
- Contribute in defining Key Project Performance Indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects;
- Ensure quality of M&E outputs, by contributing substantially to the design and field testing of the monitoring methodology, review, supervise, design and implementation of surveys, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, and other technical evaluation and analytical tasks conducted under these two projects;
- Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress, lessons learned and most significant change stories;
- Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results;
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by program staff and to verify the accuracy of reported data;
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI indicator data and performance reports in order to support program staff and/or the Programme Manager;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Project Manager and Assistant in preparing relevant reports;
- Support Programme Manager in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time;
- Assist Programme Management in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation;
- Review and analyze field reports with the Assistant Programme Manager to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation;
- Assist Programme Manager in the preparation of monthly and quarterly and annual progress reports and on the findings and lessons learned from project implementation;
- Perform any other duties as determined by the project requirements, staff and program management team.
- Minimum of three years relevant professional work experience including monitoring and evaluation activities of which at least one year was closely related to programme functions;
- Experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools and methods;
- Demonstrated experience in applying qualitative/participatory research methods; linking planning to M&E; results-based approaches;
- Experience in utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard organisational software packages and systems;
- Good stakeholder (Government and Funding Partners at different levels) engagement and management skills;
- Ability to work systematically, use initiative, good judgement and to communicate complex matters both orally and in writing;
- Excellent negotiation, planning, facilitation and management skills;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently and in a team;
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Advanced University degree in Development Studies, International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other fields relevant to international development assistance,
- First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
All applications should be accompanied by certified copies of academic certificates
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 24 June 2020