JF Kapnek, a registered PVO which has been operating in Zimbabwe since 1986, whose mission is to improve family health, reduce child mortality and create educational opportunities for the children of Zimbabwe through the implementation of scalable, sustainable programs, is seeking to fill this vacancy for its OVC Program.
Technical support and coordination of Health-related MEAL activities:
- Provide supportive supervision to heath officers and communities on MEAL related activities including recording and reporting using appropriate tools;
- Intensive mentorship of project level staff to ensure they are able to collect, consolidate, verify, analyse and use their HIV related data for data driven decision making and quality improvement activities;
- Participate in district health coordination meetings and provide feedback on trends and performance updates from project level data analysis;
- Ensure timely and complete entry of HIV indictor data from onto DHIS.2, DATIM, POMIS database and other necessary platforms;
- Participate in continuous review of monitoring tools and provide feedback to ensure that the tools are relevant for the program.
- Use data to identify key program issues to ensure monitoring systems are improved to address bottlenecks;
- Support district project team to implement strategies in response to PEPFAR MER and other data requirements;
- Ensure longitudinal patient monitoring aspects of case based survelliance are done to ensure high-quality HIV programming is retaining people in care and keeping them virally suppressed to avoid recurrence of the epidemic;
- Support programme documentation efforts through success stories, research and manuscripts drafting;
- Supervision of the MEAL intern and Data Entry Clerks where relevant.
Data Quality Improvement and Capacity Building:
- Conduct data quality improvement activities at district and facility level, which include data triangulation meetings, data review and analysis and on-site data verification, and provide backup support to the program team at district level and prepare reports for the district.
Data Analysis, Reporting and Utilization:
- Provision of strategic information for district level decision making in relation to programme performance monitoring and planning for implementation;
- Support district and facility level teams to produce cascades for relevant HIV services;
- Analyze routine monthly, semi-annual and annual data in line with data analysis plan and provide feedback to program;
- Analyze HTS data and produce linkage trends;
- Perform cohort analysis for linkage and entry point analysis for HIV positive clients;
- Produce High Frequency Reports, monthly and quarterly MEAL reports based on agreed indicators that will guide decision-making and program implementation at district level.
Administrative and Other Duties:
- Respect IT and Administration procedures – specific attention to scan of computers to avoid viruses + Regular backup of program documents and data;
- Submit timely stock request orders;
- Respect of financial and admin procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree/Diploma in M&E, statistics, demography, public health or social sciences;
- Post graduate certificates in M&E;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring PEPFAR HIV and AIDS, OVC care and support programs;
- Demonstrate working knowledge of quantitative data collection using the MOHCC systems (DHSI2, ePMS,) and PEPFAR DATIM system including data analysis using Excel, Epi-Info, or any other data analysis software;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
Cover letter and up-to-date detailed CV should be forwarded to the undersigned. Applications to be considered as they are received. JF Kapnek does not charge any fees during its entire recruitment process. Apply to: email@example.com
JF Kapnek Trust has zero tolerance towards Sexual Harassment and is committed to the upholding and safeguarding children’s rights.
The successful candidate will be required to commit to the JF Kapnek Child Protection Policy and also be bound by the Sexual Harassment & Exploitation Policy.
Deadline: 11 September 2020 (12pm)