World Education Inc. / Bantwana (WEI/B) is an international non-governmental organization with a proven track record of designing and implementing successful interventions for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and youth in Zimbabwe with community-based models of service provision in health, education, child protection and economic strengthening. Having been in operation in the country since 2008, WEI/B leverages its deep knowledge of and extensive experience with Zimbabwe’s OVC context and operational landscape to address the long-term needs of vulnerable children and their families. To that end World Education Inc. /Bantwana is recruiting to fill the following position in the Strategic Information Department.
About the position
WEI/B is seeking to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Assistant to provide support in program monitoring, evaluation and learning of activities implemented by WEI/B. The MER Assistant supports use of ICT4D by integrating technology to strengthen service delivery during this humanitarian/emergency context, project reporting, development of program tools, supporting data analysis and the MIS as well as contributing to evidence building and learning for program improvement
- Support the review and finalization of the departmental work plan documents and routinely update it in line with programmatic changes;
- Support the development and use of ICT4D in humanitarian / emergency settings;
- Participate in the review and updating of the organizational Performance Monitoring Plan;
- Support quarterly Data Audits, data cleaning and consolidation of district monthly and quarterly reports;
- Ensure high quality and timely preparation of M&E data and contribute towards report writing to donors on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Support data analysis and present information to support in decision making;
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to districts to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicators;
- Support the development of district technical capacity plans;
- Providing support for all special studies, program audits and project evaluations as an integral part of the Monitoring & Evaluation system;
- Support the management of the Management Information System(MIS) enabling systematic and efficient data entry, analysis and sharing;
- Provide administrative support to the M&E Department.
Qualifications, Experience and Key Competencies Required
- First degree in M&E, ICT or Social Science plus a minimum of 2 years of substantial monitoring and evaluation experience and ICT;
- Proficiency in utilization of MS Office and relevant software applications for both qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Excellent communication, conceptual and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of UNICEF, USAID funded and other donor programs and practices desirable;
- Experience with working alongside government officials.
Interested candidates should submit their motivation letters demonstrating their suitability for the position and detailed CVs, clearly stating the position being in the subject section to: email@example.com
WEI/B is an equal opportunity employer – Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note as this is a position that needs to be filled urgently therefore submitted applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline: 27 September 2020