Contract: 12 months’ renewable subject to funding and satisfactory performance
Expected starting date: 3 August 2020 or earlier
The Law Society of Zimbabwe seeks to recruit the Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer. The M, E and R Officer will operate under the overall guidance of the Executive Secretary and direct supervision of the Project Manager. The M, E&R Officer will be responsible for designing the institutional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) Framework as well as monitoring of the assigned projects and ensuring costs-effective and timely high quality achievement of the planned outputs.
The M, E&R officer will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Project; assisting the Project Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis. The M,E & R Officer will also be responsible for collecting analysing different data in relation to the assigned project activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer works in close collaboration with project team and the departmental managers, Members, Government ministries, private sector, non-governmental and civil society organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop the Law Society’s Institutional Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Framework that is responsive to the Departmental needs and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving project outputs;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the projects’ results;
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation processes to ensure that the impact of the project interventions and other interventions by the Society are adequately captured, analysed and stored for future use;
- Training Staff on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning(MEAL).
- University degree Social Sciences or Business Administration, Economics , statistics, demographics or related field.
- Master’s degree or Bachelor plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects;
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers;
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Shona or Ndebele
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae together with cover letters (in one single document) and Copies of the Academic and Professional Qualifications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com
Deadline: 30 June 2020 (4pm)
Related Jobs (10)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy