Bantwana Zimbabwe seeks an experienced candidate for the role of Monitoring, Evaluation and Strategic Information Coordinator based in Bulawayo for a CDC/ZimTTECH-funded DREAMS program. The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program aims to reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women and will be implemented in four Matabeleland North districts – Bubi, Lupane, Nkayi and Tsholotsho. Bantwana will implement four core sets of interventions namely, i) HIV prevention, condom education, gender norms change, social assets building, and sexual violence prevention; ii) Education Subsidies including primary, secondary and Part-Time and Continuing Education support; iii) Combination of socioeconomic approaches for caregivers layered with positive parenting; and iv) Economic empowerment for AGYW (financial literacy, work readiness and employability trainings, vocational training for market-driven technical skills, internships).
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Strategic Information Coordinator is responsible for coordinating monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities under the award.
Roles and responsibilities
- Lead development of the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) plan as well as a system for the tracking of and timely, accurate, and complete reporting of project performance against key indicators;
- Oversee and ensure adherence to project M&E reporting activities as required by the donor;
- Provide leadership and technical oversight in the design and implementation of data collection exercises (e.g., baseline and endline surveys; regular performance monitoring, etc.);
- Train and mentor staff in various aspects of M&E and research, and assist them with using M&E systems, including data use and quality assurance;
- Provide support to performance evaluation processes;
- Analyze project and other relevant data to provide strategic guidance to the Senior Management Team and inform project management decision-making, and to routinely share findings with project staff and other key stakeholders;
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to beneficiaries to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicators;
- Oversee operational research, qualitative studies, and policy briefs to assess the impact of program activities and ensure robust and innovative dissemination of research and evaluation activity results.
- Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, economics, statistics or related field preferred, or bachelor’s degree plus an advanced certificate;
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of large-scale development projects;
- Experience with PEPFAR-related programming, particularly DREAMS, preferred;
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification;
- Strong ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and to provide recommendations on project implementation;
- Demonstrated experience with research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling techniques and establishing M&E systems in developing country contexts;
- Demonstrated experience leading and building the capacity of M&E staff to meet project needs and deliverables strongly desired;
- Excellent data visualization skills, statistical analysis, English writing, oral presentation and communication skills.
To apply for these positions, please submit a cover letter, CV, and three references (including name, organization, phone number, and email address) to email@example.com with position title in the subject line.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 August 2020