Transparency International Zimbabwe (TI Z) – a non-profit, non-partisan, systems oriented local chapter of the international movement against corruption seeks to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) Officer. Under the overall guidance of the Executive Director, the MEL Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs. The incumbent will ensure that projects maintain their strategic vision and that activities result in the achievement of intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. The MEL officer will also support the implementation of the project learning agenda and technical support to staff to ensure seamless integration of M&E and contribute to the organisation’s learning strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation and learning procedures;
- Monitor all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project outputs;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Executive Director/Team Leader;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports;
- Assist the Team Leader in preparing relevant reports;
- Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use;
- Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director/ Team Leader
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies, Statistics or any other relevant Social Science.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification is an added advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of MEL in development projects;
- Experience in human rights and governance M and E;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
The ideal candidate should possess the following competencies
- Must be able to take initiative in identifying improvements to existing M&E systems;
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally;
- Fluency in English required (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Shona and Ndebele is an asset;
- Good report writing and data analysis skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Qualified women and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please send your CV and cover letter with the email subject line “MEL Officer” to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Candidates who applied before need not to reapply.
Deadline: 12 July 2020