An opportunity has arisen within a local human rights NGO working nationally in the education / legal assistance fields, and invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer based in Harare. The organization has been in operation for more than 20 years.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will be responsible for planning and implementing the organisation’s monitoring and evaluation component across all projects and generating donor reports in accordance with donor contractual obligations. The officer must be able to work well with others and have excellent written and oral communication skills. The officer will be reporting to the Legal Programmes Manager.
The Monitoring & Evaluation officer will be responsible for:
- Proactively participating in planning of new projects and reviewing of existing ones, ensuring that M&E is prominent from the onset;
- Developing M & E tools and supervising their administration;
- Conducting project reviews and evaluations, and participating in external reviews and evaluations of the organisation’s activities;
- Continuously monitoring programmes to assess progress and results and identifying challenges;
- Developing monthly, quarterly and annually reports to management and to donors.
Qualifications and Experience
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science or other relevant studies;
- Proven work experience in monitoring and evaluation in the civil society sector;
- Proven work experience in internal and donor reporting;
- Good understanding of donor requirements;
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office programmes are a must;
- Clean driver’s license essential;
- Willing to travel regularly within Zimbabwe;
- Language skills in Shona and Ndebele are an added advantage.
Interested applicants to direct their applications with motivational letters and CVs to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21 June 2020