The M & E officer is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation requirements of MISA Zimbabwe. He/ She ensures the projects of the organisation run smoothly in accordance to the organisation’s mission and vision statements through a comprehensive M & E Framework. The incumbent works under the general supervision of the Programmes Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Director.
To develop and implement Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M & EL) system focusing on data collection, analysis, reporting, knowledge management and sharing.
- Develop and implement a sound monitoring, evaluation and learning framework;
- Assist program officers to develop systematic and realistic monitoring plans that capture quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators;
- Conduct follow up monitoring and evaluation exercises for various project initiatives in the organisation;
- Develop program and operational reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of information in programs;
- Conduct coordinated compilation and dissemination of Annual and Quarterly Reports for programs and submit to Program Coordinator;
- Organize and coordinate lessons learnt workshops as part of program reviews with program officers, partners and stakeholders;
- Facilitate documentation and reporting of assessments, program data, lessons learnt and best practices for internal and external sharing;
- Conduct basic M & E training of advocacy committees to enhance accountability at local level;
- Advise the programmes officers and senior management on emerging M & E issues;
- Develop and maintain effective information database on projects; Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Improved transparency and accountability;
- Timely and accurate documentation of lessons learnt;
- Performance management;
- Results based programming.
- Degree in Social Sciences; Diploma in M & E;
- Three (3) years experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs;
- Practical knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of NGO projects;
- Project management and grants management knowledge;
- Analytical skills, reporting and documentation;
- Gender sensitivity
Prospective candidates should submit their application letters and supporting resumes to email@example.com Due to the high email traffic, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 28 February 2020