Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
DIESEL AND PETROL MECHANIC- CLASS 1/DIESEL PLANT FITTER
- Reporting to the workshop foreman.
- Conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn/damaged parts and rectifying the same.
- Carrying out routine/minor/major service on the engine, including oil and filter changes.
- Verifies engine performance by conducting tests; adjusting controls and systems.
- Sometimes integrating new technology into the engine structure.
- Preparing and updating records on service work conducted on engines.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs and; evaluating service and parts options.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Class 1 Artisan in motor mechanics
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience with diesel engines
- Experience in forklift repair and maintenance an added advantage.
Those interested or meeting the above conditions can email their CVs to email@example.com