The National Coordinator of Zimbabwe Young Positives (ZY+) is accountable to the Board of Trustees (BOT), under the regular direction and guidance of the Board Chairperson. The National Coordinator is the key management leader of ZY+. He/she is responsible for overseeing the strategic direction including administration, programming and implementation of the ZY+ strategic plan as well as ensuring the visibility of ZY+. More information on ZY+ is found on https://www.zimbabweyoungpositives.org/
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaise with Board of Trustees in order to fulfil the organization’s mission; new business development – resource mobilisation for the organisation from both the private and public sector as well as maintaining and sustaining on-going donor funded programs;
- Direct and manage ZY+ Secretariat and all related resources;
- Develop and implement a performance system for staff;
- Provide appropriate advice to the Board of Trustees, on policy, legal, and organization’s development; supporting recommendations and benchmarks set by the BOTs;
- Maintain a cordial and working relationship with ZY+ members and the BOTs;
- Develop and maintain strong cordial and good working relationships with government, international community, donors, civil society and other stakeholders;
- Oversee the implementation of the strategic plan and board resolutions;
- Regularly report to the BOTs on issues affecting the organisation;
- Attend to any other issue as requested by the BOTs.
Qualifications and experience
- The position seeks a mature youth below 35 years who has a proven record of working with Adolescents and Young People Living with HIV (A&YPLHIV), key and vulnerable populations (SW, AGYW, PWUD, LGBTIQ, people with disability), a successful middle- senior strategic management experience in resource mobilization, programme planning and coordination, consensus building and asset sustainability.
- The coordinator must be capable of negotiating and communicating with partners and stakeholders.
- At least 3 years senior management experience in the NGO sector, of which 2 years should have been through working with A&YPLHIV and key populations.
- Applicants should have at least a Masters’ degree in Social Sciences, Law, Business, Administration and/or Public Health.
- Experience and knowledge in working with a Board is an added advantage.
- A clean class 4 Zimbabwe driver’s license and a defensive driving certificate are a must.
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, you may apply indicating the position being applied for. Application must include a 300 word motivational letter, details of three contactable referees and be sent in via email or sealed envelope addressed to:
The Board Chairman,
Zimbabwe Young Positives (ZY+),
28 Divine Road,
PLWHIV and Women are also encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 21 December 2020