Working location: National Office Harare
Supervisor: National Programs Director.
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organisation, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances; in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. The Association is looking for an energetic and organized individual to support the National Association in coordinating all Educational and Youth Programs at National Level.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The National Education and Youth Coordinator will be expected to:
- Support the production, development and fulfilment of child and youth development plans;
- Coordinate and facilitate child and Youth development programs that promote the holistic wellbeing of children and Youths;
- Ensuring the cultivation of linkages and relationships which facilitate the smooth transition of children and youth through admission process in schools, colleges and tertiary Institutions;
- Support Mothers in promoting results oriented livelihoods and the holistic development of children and young people;
- Serve as a role model and Providing group and individual life coaching, career guidance and counselling for both the children and Young people;
- Identify and Coordinate staff development programs and ongoing formation courses that enhance quality education for children and Youths in line with the organisation’s Care Promise;
- Collaborate with professionals and facilitating psychosocial support activities for children and Young people;
- Facilitate procurement of legal documentation for children and Youths through community and professional outreach partners;
- Identify and nurture potential in young people, appraising and supporting their aspirations in crafting viable and sustainable Income Generating Activities which contribute to the attainment of the organisation’s employability goals for young people and youths leaving care;
- Lead in the development and adaptation of a Youth Development Strategy geared towards supporting Youth Development programming, its effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of outcomes;
- Actively support Youth and Education Programs Officers in implementing planned trainings and activities;
- Support application processes for youths wishing to study in foreign universities and tertiary institutions and tracking their progress through consistent interaction;
- Maintain a database of Youths in Universities, tertiary and vocational training institutions and supporting other Programme Department co-workers in the tracking of footprints and documentation of life stories for this demographic;
- Perform other tasks delegated by the National Programs Director and National Director in relation Education and Youth Programs
Qualifications and Competencies
The National Education and Youth Coordinator must have:
- A relevant degree in Education, Social Sciences or Psychology;
- At least five year’s work experience in the relevant field of education, social work or child psychology, and youth development.
- Strong education background preferably a trained teacher;
- Experience of working with the Youth;
- Networking and partnership exposure within the education sector;
- Conversant with the National Education curriculum.
To apply for this position please send your Application letter and Curriculum Vitae to: Resourcing.SOS@sos-zimbabwe.org
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed.
“Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”
Deadline: 1 March 2020
Related Jobs (7)
Project Officer – Community Based Inclusive Development on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy