Organizational Unit: SFS
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
Duration: 2 Months
Post Number: N/A
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The Operations Unit in the Representation is responsible for the overall progamme development, programme implementation, day to day coordination, monitoring, resource mobilisation and reporting.
- The incumbent will report to the Head of Operations.
- Support the implementation of FAO’s resilience and development projects at country level.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Zimbabwe (FAOR) and the direct supervision of the Head of Operations Section, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Assist in the Management of day-to-day operational actions;
- Ensure the effective management of the project cycle in FPMIS including, amongst others, timely opening of the funded projects, financial monitoring, expenditure forecast and project closure;
- Ensure the FPMIS project dashboard is up to date.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports in non-FAO formats, by using the Results Based Budget modules in FPMIS;
- Assist in the review and rationalization of expenditures to ensure adherence to project budgets;
- Compile documentation required for adjustments and liaise with Finance for processing;
- Assist in drafting initial project budgets, revisions and amendments using the FPMIS Budget module;
- Map project expenditures in FPMIS, in consultation with the respective Project Managers and Finance Associates
- Assist with project audits by various stakeholders;
- Participate in the needs assessments and field supervision missions in the framework of the ongoing projects;
- Perform any other related duties
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- University degree in Business administration, Rural Development, Social Sciences, Management or related fields;
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Operations (this includes but not limited to, project opening and closure, financial management; budget monitoring, financial reporting and preparation of funding agreements);
- Working knowledge of English;
- National of Zimbabwe or resident in the country with a work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Systematic and efficient approach to work assignments
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Ability to develop good working relations with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, make appropriate recommendations, effective decisions, including in emergency settings
- Strong foundation in programme formulation, planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Good computer skills;
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds;
- Ability to work in multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Familiarity with the Project Cycle Management modules in corporate resource monitoring systems like FPMIS or equivalent;
Closure Date: 08/May/2020, 9:59:00 PM
Related Jobs (24)
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time