Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Provide support to the implementation of UNDP’s programme activities in the Public Sector, specific support to institutional and capacity strengthening and public sector reforms.
- Provide technical and advisory support to UNDP, its partners and stakeholders on Public Sector Reforms
- Provide support for the effective coordination of partners (Government, development partners, CSOs, Private Sector and Academia) on issues related to public sector
- Support the hiring, management of short- term consultants and review their deliverables
- Produce monthly progress update reports and monthly UNDP compliance documents for the Project monitoring dashboard.
- Produce key strategic briefs, concepts and ideation products in tandem with portfolio requirements
Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Public Sector Governance or related field. A bachelor’s degree with 2 additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of post-graduate qualification.
A minimum of 5 years demonstrated professional experience in the areas of public sector reform and institution building, providing technical advice to the highest levels of the Zimbabwean government in developing strategic policy reforms and capacity building strategies.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Shona(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Demonstrated experience providing capacity-building expertise to public administration officials.
- Ability to write high quality reports and articulate ideas in a clear concise style.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate maturity and neutrality in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and database packages.
- Proven track record of programming in the UN system and working knowledge of the UN system.
- Good communication Skills
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12 May 2020
Related Jobs (34)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy