Title: National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program. The technical assistance spans across all MOHCC and PERFAR HIV priority technical areas.
The National SIE Clerk is responsible for support the implementation monitoring and evaluation systems for the Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment Program (ZHCT) through supporting the SIE Specialist.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the SIE Specialist in ZHCT M&E and data management processes at national level;
- Ensure that provincial teams adhere to FHI 360 M&E Quality Management System (Standard Operating Procedures, Process Flowcharts, Forms), data flow (processes and procedures for data flow, collecting forms), and use of the FHI 360 M&E databases;
- Support in the implementation of all QA/QI processes within the ZHCT;
- Support the data management, analysis and quality management-related initiative undertaken by M&E officers at district level.
- In particular, provide guidance in the development and/or adaptation of M&E tools, in the monitoring of their day-to-day use, and in their modification;
- Ensure all relevant project staff are able to utilize the project database to analyze program information and results;
- Consolidate weekly project performance and providing feedback to the district teams with the guidance of the SIE Specialist.
- Assist with backup and recovery of all databases and their management.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure the security of the data from the districts.
- Review data being collected in order to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity;
- Assist in developing and ensuring adherence to policies so that security and confidentiality of FHI 360’s identifiable health data is upheld.
- Monitor staff compliance with confidentiality policies to assure that security standards are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Demonstrate knowledge of management information systems such as ePMS, DHIS2 and DATIM
- Proficiency in the development of indicators, analysis of data, and interpretation of results in an illustrative and meaningful manner
- Solid knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Access, with a working knowledge of other Microsoft Office package
- The ability to interact with all levels of the organization and MOHCC structures with diplomacy, tact, and professionalism
Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree in Statistics, Demography, Epidemiology, or any other related field
- At least 1 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV activities Strong working knowledge of public health programs with prior experience in managing or closely working with public health program at national level
- Ability to identify relevant M&E processes, including reporting and target setting
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.