Cassava Smartech is looking for a competent Network Administrator to join its IS Technical Department.
The role is responsible for offering second level support and third level escalation for Corporate Network elements and extranets in order to maintain network uptime, network quality and service assurance within set key performance indicators.
The successful candidate will be responsible for following, among others:
- Supports new product launches / upgrades / downgrades by implementing change requests with minimum negative impact on service delivery.
- Schedules, initiates, monitors and analyses preventive maintenance activities.
- Creates and updates knowledgebase of known / recurrent network faults.
- Carries out software rollout support (updates, patches etc.), software, hardware and configuration consistency checks.
- Implements and enforces Corporate Network Operations policies and procedures.
- Produces outage, incident, root cause and corporate network `performance reports.
- Explores on new technological developments in the telecoms industry and recommends how to improve own network designs.
- Provides and maintains accurate updates to the inventory of Network equipment and configuration databases.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Electronic, Electrical, Telecommunications, or Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in telecoms of which 2 years should in GSM/mobile and as entry level: 2 years’ experience after successfully completing induction on-the-job training.
- At least 6 years’ experience in telecoms, or area of specialization, of which 4 years should be in a GSM / mobile field.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills are important.
Interested persons that meet the above requirements should submit soft copies of their CVs to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position “Network Administrator” in the subject line by Thursday, 17 December 2020.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.