CBZ Holdings’ Group IT is hiring a NETWORKS TECHNICIAN
The role – what we expect from you:
- Monitor and analyse network performance using tools such as Solarwinds to design and implement service improvement programs.
- Resolve network related challenges as per the incident management guidelines.
- Establish and maintain Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) with 3rd party payment processors such as Orange, Paynet, Zimswitch, VISA and Mastercard.
- Monitor bandwidth utilisation and take proactively measures to prepare for future demand in line with Capacity management guidelines.
- Test all new network designs and configurations prior to implementation.
- Secure the organisation’s network from internal and external threats including implementing firewall security configurations and security patches.
- Upgrade Cisco IOS images to current version or patch levels for routers, switches, firewalls and Ironports
- Prepare monthly reports for management on various network security metrics
- Develop and maintain all system documentation for Networking Architectures, devices and systems.
- Maintain an up-to-date technical inventory for all networking hardware and software assets.
- Maintain an up-to-date documentation of physical and logical network diagrams for all networks in the organisation
- Set up a Disaster Recovery network in line with Disaster Recovery and Continuity objectives for the various applications and syncronise network designs and software versions between the Live and DR networking infrastructure.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognised institution
- Certification in Routing and Switching and Security (CCNA Routing & Switching, CCNA Security, CEH or equivalent)
- ITIL Foundation
- 5 Years’ experience of Computer networking in an organisation with a WAN environment
- Good Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Good Communication Skills.
Please email application and CV to email@example.com with the position you are applying for as the subject title.
Applications close Tuesday 16 June 2020.