Closing Date : 27-05-2020
Reference Number : ECO200520-3
Job Title : NTDs Specialist
Company : Higher Life Foundation
Reporting To : Team Lead NTDs
Job Type Classification : Long Term Contract
Location : Harare, Zimbabwe
Higherlife Foundation is fully committed to deliver on Human Capital Development Strategy which is anchored on 6 strategic Pillars, Education, Health, Girls Empowerment, Leadership & Life Long Development, Job Creation and Sustainable Livelihoods and Faith & Development. The organisation is looking for a Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) Specialist who will be responsible for the formulation and implementation of organisational plans and interventions related to the elimination and control of NTDs in line with the Foundation’s Health Strategic Pillar.
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Medicine or a related field.
- An advanced degree (Masters level or above) in Public Health, Communicable Diseases or Epidemiology is an added advantage.
- Technical content expertise in communicable diseases and/or health systems strengthening preferable.
- 4 – 6 years’ similar working experience with NTD or infectious disease programs.
- Ability to analyse programming data and synthesize findings.
- Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high quality and within tight timelines
Key Result Areas
- Provides technical expertise in the development of the organisation’s annual work plans, budgets and other deliverables related to the control and elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) with a focus on schistosomiasis and soil-transmitted helminths.
- Provides on the ground support and supervision as required during key NTD programming activities e.g. mass drug administrations and mapping exercises.
- Ensures the coordination of and communication with all partners in country; acting as liaison with key government agencies such as the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) on behalf of the program.
- Manages and executes agreements with key sector partners, donors, consultants, and stakeholders.
Ensures data sharing, best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across the NTDs program.
- Collects reports from implementing partners and supports the timely delivery of comprehensive, high-quality financial and programming reporting to the Board of Trustees and program funding partners.
Related Jobs (34)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy