Title: Family Planning Outreach Nurse Aide
Supervisor: FP Outreach Team Leader
The 5-year USAID funded Mhuri / Imuli program’s goal in Zimbabwe is to improve maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations. The geographic focus is the seven districts of Manicaland Province, focusing on activities to increase the demand and supply of integrated, quality MNCH-FP services as well delivery of family planning services through outreach in all 10 provinces of Zimbabwe. This project will provide Technical Assistance (TA) to the MOHCC in Manicaland for MNCH and direct service delivery for Family Planning through outreach services.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the provision of family planning outreach services. Under the supervision of the outreach team leader s/he is responsible for setup of the outreach site and working spaces and maintaining the work environment free from any harm which may endanger the lives of the clients and or other staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cleaning the procedure rooms and assists the nurse during procedures, sets up the equipment and stations at the outreach point and dissembling the same after the outreach session.
- Maintains order at the outreach point.
- Cleans the instruments after use and ensures that the team has sterile packs always to ensure infection control practices
- Measurement and recording of vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff and reports all abnormal observations.
- Documents actions by completing forms and records.
- Ensures proper management of clean and soiled linens
- Ensures safe disposal of all medical waste to meet environmental management standards
- Listening to the clients concerns and reporting any issues to the nurse/team leader.
- Responsible for restocking of medical and care supplies in preparation of outreach visits
- Performs routine tasks under the supervision of the nurses.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with people of different social background
- Experience in infection prevention standard practices and policies
- Strong inter-personal skills, enhancing teamwork and organisational culture
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task as the tasks demand
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must be in possession of a Red cross Nurse Aide training certificate
- At least 1 year working experience with a reputable organisation
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Deadline: 18 September 2020