Duty Station: Mangwe District
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. CeSHHAR in collaboration with the MOHCC and NAC is implementing a National Sex Work Programme aimed at reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection.
Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections. CeSHHAR is implementing the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in nine priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, Mutare, Mangwe, Beitbridge and Gwanda. Under CeSHHAR the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive service to Young Women Selling Sex.
- Performing routine physical examination on all clients i.e. temp, B/P, pulse and routine vaginal examination on all women;
- Providing treatment and care for sexually transmitted infections and other reproductive health concerns according to National Guidelines;
- Performing rapid syphilis testing;
- Prescription and dispensing of drugs;
- Performing Rapid HIV testing in accordance with national algorithm;
- Pre and post-test counselling and risk reduction;
- Giving appropriate supportive counselling, referral and follow up;
- Offering family planning counselling services – ability to insert Long acting contraceptive devices;
- Maintaining proper documentation of all clinical and laboratory procedures on all program clients;
- Update and maintenance of clinical records;
- Ordering drugs clinic sundries at clinic level;
- Compiling of weekly ,monthly and quarterly statistics and clinic reports;
- Doing any other duties as assigned by the program coordinator;
- Scheduling of mobile clinic visit; Integration of referrals, layering and linkages to other implementing DREAMS partners.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communications;
- Good knowledge on use of Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint;
- Good interpersonal communication skills and having high respect for confidentiality;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting HIV Index case contact tracing and testing a requirement;
- Preference will be given to those having experience of working in Non-Governmental Organizations or Civil Society Organization in HIV/AIDS related programmes;
- Expected to work outside of normal office hours as required.
- The candidate should be able to speak and write Ndebele.
- Diploma / degree in General nursing. Post basic training is an added advantage;
- Certificate in Rapid HIV certificate;
- ART Training;
- Forensic certificate;
- Certificate / diploma in counselling an added advantage;
- Family planning with Jadelle insertion. Experience with key populations
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to email@example.com
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 27 November 2020 (4:30pm)