Duration: 12 Months
Nutrition Action Zimbabwe a local based NGO in partnership with Action Contre-la Faim is seeking to recruit for the following vacancies to support implementation of an emergency program in Chiredzi, Mwenezi and Mutare Rural
Please note that this recruitment is in anticipation of expected funds
The Health and Nutrition Manager (H&N) will be responsible to guide all H&N work for the organisation with the aim to further develop and implement H&N strategies.
Program Management & Technical Support:
- Proposing a strategy for addressing the problem of malnutrition which is adapted to the local context;
- Timely and high quality implementation of planned nutrition activities and alerting the Program Director on any delays or Excessive or under-use of resources;
- Timely and high quality reporting, both internal and external, of nutrition activities, together with a critical analysis;
- Ensuring adherence to the current SAM protocols in the health facilities;
- Ensure quality supervision of diagnostic and treatment services at schools and clinics;
- Manage supervision of all nutrition and health programming in all districts were NAZ is operating;
- Supervise the safe and efficient management of nutrition and health supplies and equipment;
- Support the implementation of timely and accurate data collection systems, monitor data for accuracy, and respond appropriately with programmatic changes as needed to meet targets;
- Assess staff training needs and make appropriate referrals for training;
- Where required, organize, facilitate and/or provide training of nutrition and health personnel;
- Play an active role in investigating upcoming RFAs and the development of proposals, budget and project review processes: Coordinate nutrition and health activities with Ministries of Health, UN agencies, other implementing partners and funding agencies;
- Coordinate nutrition and health program development with MOHCC and local leadership with a focus on using a community development: approach at all stages of program planning and implementation;
- Ensure compliance with WHO and MOHCC guidelines and policies in each program component;
- Maintain clear communication with all staff on at least a weekly basis;
- Promote the development of a sustainable health program by offering creative ideas and new approaches to solving problems in the health program.
Coordination & Representation:
- Organize and implement the nutrition program and ensure that the program complies with Ministry of Health guidelines;
- Ensure that the local authorities and particularly the District/ Province Health Department is involved in the planning, implementation and monitoring of quality program;
- Liaise with key partners including District Health Departments, local leaders, NGO partners, and other stakeholders (as necessary) to ensure good links between malnutrition treatment and other sectors:
- Attend relevant internal and external meetings as directed by the Country Director or board representative.
Administrative and Other Duties:
- Provide monthly written reports on activities to the Program Director ;
- Manage the follow-up of supplies consumption and orders;
- Manage the overall planning of stock levels, making sure that they are sufficient for the functioning of program;
- Orient new staff and visitors on the nutrition program and activities at national and field level;
- Under the direction of the Program Director, take up responsibilities such as overall program management; work planning;
- Attendance at National level meetings and workshops.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Nutrition/Public Health;
- Working experience of at least four years in Primary Health Care with 2 years at managerial level; Should be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Should be computer literate (Microsoft word and excel); Ability to work in a remote area.
Functional skills and knowledge
- Ability to coordinate activities in a region with autonomy;
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work;
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results;
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
Applications and detailed curriculum vitae with the position clearly highlighted in the subject line can be sent out to: email@example.com
Deadline: 27 March 2020