Ref : 16375-09N17079
World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Nutrition Facilitator
The purpose of this position is to provide nutrition technical support to ensure quality implementation of the nutrition components of the project at District level.
- Lead in the establishment and trainings of care groups for the promotion of nutrition behaviour indicated in the design document.
- Preparing food security and nutrition strategies in line with project work plan.
- Assess knowledge gaps amongst district staff and stakeholders and organise and conduct trainings to enhance knowledge and skills of staff and partners.
- Coordinate the blanket supplementary feeding program for pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) and children under 2 years in the district level
- Coordinate with local authorities and communities to gain full support in the implementation of health and nutrition activities.
- Develop and facilitate implementation of strategies to increase dietary diversity at HH level.
- Attend district Nutrition meetings, ensure effective linkages with relevant stakeholders on technical aspects of the programme.
- Compile program reports (training reports, monthly, quarterly and annual reports) as required and ensure timely submission.
- Developing and reviewing monitoring tools for sharing with key partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in the Nutrition technical working group meetings and activities.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by the Project Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Nutrition, Nutritional Sciences, Food Sciences or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in design and management of rural integrated health and Nutrition programs.
- 3 years NGO experiences in the area of or nutrition programming, experience in both health and nutrition will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; comfortable engaging in dialogue with a range of actors including communities leaders and other community structures, government departments, local authorities, CBOs and other NGOs.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good computer skills – Microsoft word, power point and excel.
- Experience in engaging the community and community mobilization
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to travel to remote project areas within the district.
- Clean class 4 Drivers’ license.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Deadline : 16-Jun-20