Duration: 1 year
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in co-operation with local partner organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response. Welthungerhilfe is urgently recruiting for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies.
Welthungerhilfe together with Community Technology Development Organisation and Agricultural Partnerships Trust are implementing a programme titled, Matabeleland Enhanced Livelihoods Agriculture and Nutrition Adaptation (MELANA) under the UNDP managed Zimbabwe Resilience Building Fund ZRBF001- 2016. The overall objective of the project is to contribute to increased capacities of communities, to protect development gains and achieve improved well-being outcomes in the face of shocks and stresses. This will be achieved through improving the absorptive, adaptive and transformative capacities of at-risk communities. The project is operational in Nkayi, Bubi, Umguza districts of Matabeleland North and Umzingwane district of Matabeleland South province.
- Review the MELANA (and partners) approach to nutrition that is currently in place, Including training in nutrition through the linking Agriculture and Natural resource Management towards Nutrition LANN+ approach;
- Work with the M&E department to evaluate the impact of nutrition training through Demonstration in the community;
- Suggest additional approaches to enhance the nutrition agenda in MELANA and pilot some approaches through community demonstrations.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Master of Science Degree in Agriculture, Nutrition or related subjects is a prerequisite;
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge in monitoring and evaluation system design and approaches.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to email@example.com stating the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer.
During the entire recruitment process, Welthungerhilfe will not charge a fee nor will we require payment to be made for any application to be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31 December 2020