Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 and we are gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
General description of the role
Reporting to the Nutrition Coordinator the Nutrition Program Manager will be responsible for supervising all aspects of GOAL Zimbabwe’s Program on Nutrition Emergency Response (NER) that is aimed at improving nutrition outcomes through active screening and treatment of acute malnutrition and provision of a discharge ration to children successfully treated of acute malnutrition. The Nutrition Program Manager will oversee the implementation of the work by the Nutrition Officers in selected districts. She/he will help provide technical, budget, human resources and procurement management to the project team in order to improve programme quality, efficiency, effectiveness and impact of the program
Summary of Key Duties
- Work closely with the project team to develop annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly work plans to enable smooth roll out of the program.
- Supports MoHCC to ensure that there is provision of a high level of on the job training through conducting standardised Training of Trainers (TOTs) to build the capacity of GOAL and MoHCC staff on key components of nutrition emergency response.
- Jointly with MoHCC at Provincial level, provide technical support, supervision and backstopping to the district level implementing team to ensure provision of quality NER services.
- Establish and subsequently oversee weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting using analysed data from MEAL department where necessary.
- Jointly with MoHCC from Provincial level, support and technically backstop review meetings at field level and ensure lessons learnt are documented.
- Attend nutrition-related coordination meetings to represent GOAL at Provincial level and share progress reports and lessons learnt widely.
- Facilitate visits from donor representatives and other official visitors, when requested by the Nutrition Coordinator and provide information as required.
- Support proposals writing for nutrition interventions by providing all relevant provincial information.
- B.Sc. in Nutrition. MSc in Nutrition/Public Health an added advantage.
- 2+ years of experience in design, planning and management of emergency nutrition programs.
- Strong team leadership skills and the ability to motivate and facilitate the work of programme team.
- Analytical and strategic planning skills;
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to plan projects and timetable activities.
- Experience in developing and writing proposals.
- A proven record of effective project and people management.
- Experience of performance management is desirable.
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to build good relations both internally and externally.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English are essential.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and monitoring.
- Proven experience in liaising with government officials and other NGOs.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint, SMART, Epi-Info and/or other relevant statistics packages.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of cross cutting issues i.e. HIV/AIDS, gender equity issues, Child Protection and their relevance to humanitarian response work is an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge and ability to apply the SPHERE code, Core Humanitarian Standards and GOAL policy &; procedures and other regulatory codes.
Interested individuals who meet the above specifications should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the preferred district on the subject line of the email.
The application must include an application letter; and a Current CV with full contact details of at least three contactable referees.
Please note that applications received outside the stated channels will be disqualified.
Deadline: 5 May 2020