Station: Gwanda, Lupane and Tsholotsho Districts
Contract Period: 2 March 2020- 31 May 2020
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. International Medical Corps is seeking qualified candidates for an Emergency Nutrition Response in Matabeleland North and South.
The Nutrition Officer will contribute to the strategic objective related to nutrition and implement program activities at district level.
- The Nutrition Officer will be responsible for serving as the nutrition focal point at district level;
- Provide Nutrition and health trainings and support to district based staff;
- Support the establishment and trainings of IYCF support groups;
- Support the integration of nutrition into health care services amongst district and community level health workers;
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of IMAM trainings ;
- Coordinate the establishment of community feedback and responses mechanisms;
- Coordinate with local authorities and communities to gain full support in the implementation of nutrition activities;
- Monitor the establishment of community management committees at project sites;
- Promote community participation in all nutrition activities, maximizing community contributions and sensitizing all participants of their roles and responsibilities;
- Attend district Nutrition meetings and ensure effective linkages with relevant stakeholders on technical aspects of the program.
- The candidate should have at least a first degree in Nutrition or Health Promotion
- At least two (2) years of experience in the relevant field.
- The ability to speak isiNdebele is a strong added advantage.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21 February 2020 (COB)
Related Jobs (10)
Consultant for Developing a PC for TB Training Manual on November 24, 2020 Consultancy
Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (MCHN) Manager on November 16, 2020 Contract
National Strategic Information Evaluation (SIE) Clerk on November 12, 2020 Full Time