Job #: req7604
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 6/17/2020 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The FCS Africa Initiative aims at enabling and increasing IFC’s engagement (investment and advisory services) in and across Fragile and Conflict Affected Situations (FCS) in Africa. The Initiative covers all the FCS in the Africa region.
FCS Africa builds on years of operational experience and learning from the Conflict Affected States in Africa initiative (CASA) which was launched in 2008 supported by its donor partners – Ireland, the Netherlands and Norway. Established in 2014, FCS Africa provides IFC teams with an enabling platform to achieve its ambition in FCS through a combination of (a) presence on the ground to collect market intelligence and be closer to our existing and future clients, and (b) the provision of flexible funding for technical assistance interventions with clients, removing bottlenecks to investments, and (c) creation and dissemination of operational knowledge on private sector development in FCS.
FCS Africa is seeking a highly motivated Analyst to work on the implementation of its program in Zimbabwe, and across FCS in Southern Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide close support to the Country Manager, based in South Africa; the Regional FCS Coordinator, based in Mozambique, and relevant IFC staff based in Zimbabwe;
- Conduct industry, sector and project reviews and assessments, under the supervision of senior IFC team members;
- Provide country insight on developments and trends relevant to IFC’s engagement in Zimbabwe;
- Actively prepare and participate in meetings/discussion with subject matter experts, working-level staff and other stakeholders;
- Assist in organizing various knowledge sharing events;
- Perform periodic reporting as required by the FCS Africa management, donors and the IFC Africa management on program progress in country, and on designated regional achievements;
- Respond to stakeholder enquiries; facilitate and coordinate meetings with IFC/WBG operational teams and country stakeholders.
- If necessary, represent FCS Africa and CASA at meetings scheduled with stakeholders, in consultation and with the approval of the IFC management team;
- Contribute to developing the work plans for FCS Africa’s program implementation;
- Undertake and execute other task and responsibilities, as assigned by the FCS Africa management.
- Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Investment and advisory experience in Africa is strongly desirable;
- Interest in private sector development in Africa is an advantage, particularly in challenging business environments and/or conflict affected countries;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research and to prepare analytical briefs.
- The candidate may be asked to demonstrate their writing skills;
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- The candidate should have experience in identifying data sources, mining data, interpreting data, visualizing data, and using data for the purpose of problem solving and generation of evidence.
- Knowledge of statistical software is a plus.
- The candidate may be asked to demonstrate their capacity to use Excel;
- Strong presentation skills with proven ability to working with PowerPoint;
- Solutions-driven mindset – the candidate is expected to take responsibility for the timely response to inquiries and requests;
- Flexible personality; able to work in a multicultural, fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence.
We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Related Jobs (25)
Production of a Transitional Justice Monitoring Report on September 18, 2020 Consultancy
Mobile Money Marketing and Operations Manager ( Telecommunications) on September 18, 2020 Full Time