Our client, an embassy, is looking for an experienced Operational Controller with a focus on development cooperation in Zimbabwe. The overall task is to assist Managers and Programme Officers with advice and support, to maintain effective control in the contribution management process.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in the overall planning and monitoring of the contribution portfolio based on risk and materiality and reviewing draft agreements, contractual changes, as well as, monitoring of contractual terms and decisions.
- Performance of preventive anti-corruption work and assisting in the investigation of possible corruption cases.
- The position also provides support, advice and quality assurance of contribution management in competency areas such as, assessment of partners capacity and processes/systems for internal control, financial planning and monitoring and assessment of budgets and financial/audit reports.
- The ideal candidate must have at least a bachelor’s degree in the field of financial management and control, as well as a minimum of five years’ experience in financial management/and/or auditing.
- Accounting certifications or qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant and Association of Certified Chartered Accountant are an added advantage.
- The successful candidate must be well versed with Office Suite and be able to grasp and work in electronic financial management/information and planning systems.
- The right incumbent will have good analytical skills, with ability to apply qualitative and quantitative methods and good communication skills, with excellent command of English.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply by sending their CVs to email@example.com with the title Operations Controller.
The cut-off date for applications is 27 May 2020.
Any applications received after this date will not be considered.