Closing Date: 2020/09/22
Reference Number: ECO200313-3
Job Title: Operations Engineer
Company: Cassava Smartech
Reporting To: Service Delivery Manager
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Cassava Smartech is looking for a qualified Operations Engineer. The major responsibility of the role is to provide technical support to Cassava Smartech with particular emphasis on applications and infrastructure, research and policy analysis on technology, including knowledge management support.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- A relevant vocational qualification Linux Certification, Oracle Certification is an added advantage.
- 4-6 years’ work experience in a related environment;
- Must have a sound knowledge of mobile money, VAS technology, payment services and platforms.
Key Result Areas
- Ensures that organization wide applications and peripheral systems are working correctly through Uptime Monitoring, and Rating Checks
- Provides technical advisory services on new technology functionality and peripheral systems, in line with business objectives and user requirements.
- Leads on-site troubleshooting efforts, and works with peripheral systems support teams for a quick resolution of any potential technical issue.
- Develops the short and long-term mobile money network architecture and capacity needs relating to mobile money & payment related value-added services.
- Facilitates the change control process for system enhancements for approval by management.
- Responsible for technical aspects of end-to-end solutions delivery, deployment, system integration, and user acceptance of the project.
- Performs Disaster Recovery and other tests for the organizations systems and infrastructure in consultation with the system vendor(s).
- Interfaces with vendors and internal cross functional teams to ensure on-time delivery of technical solutions, and compliance with prescribed processes through the Head Technical Operations.
- Provides 2nd line support and query resolution within agreed SLAs on matters pertaining to organization wide operations.
- Reviews application operational logs in the organisation wide applications and provide reports on performance.
- Ensures that security requirements for the organization wide ecosystem are conformed with.
- Ensures that organization wide applications, operations and system performance comply with agreed service standards through conducting routine system checks.
- Identifies security and audit points in organization wide applications and ensures all functional bugs are fixed and documentation kept.
- Monitors organization wide applications for fraudulent activities through trend analysis.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals