This position is responsible for assisting the Operations Officer in the Operations unit at Head Office. This includes front office management, stores management and general administration
Assist in maintaining IRC Zimbabwe Operations policies and procedures and assigned by the Operations Officer.
Front Office Management:
- Monitoring use of telephones in the office and ensuring that non IRC costs are recovered;
- Answering the telephone and the intercom as per procedures- professionally and courteously;
- Attend to all visitors and direct then as appropriate;
- Ensure that the flow of visitors coming to IRC is managed – with proper controls in place;
- Manage external correspondence and mail, directing to the appropriate member of staff, and recording issue/ receipt as appropriate;
- Undertake general secretarial duties and taking down minutes as requested.
Warehousing or Stores Management:
- Receive all the items procured by IRC as per procedure in liaison with the Driver Logistician;
- Maintain an efficient and secure storage system/location for IRC Zimbabwe in. This includes use of bin cards, stock or inventories re-order points;
- Ensuring maximum replenishment of all stocks, this includes printer cartridges, office supplies i.e. detergents, teas and stationery;
- Procedural issuing of stores items as needed;
- Undertake monthly stock counts in conjunction with finance;
- Issuing waybills when property and assets are moved from one office to another.
Month end reporting Procedures:
- Assist with Procurement reports through updating status of all transactions;
- Assist with Transport reports, ensuring all vehicles are refilled by the last day of the month;
- Monitoring and tracking assets movement and updating Asset Register.
General Office Administration:
- Ensure general cleanliness of the whole office;
- Assist with the general procurement function in seeking quotations and suppliers’ list;
- Procurement filing assistance;
- Fleet management filing assistance.
- Studying towards degree/HND in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supply Management /Transport and Logistics Management
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible by submitting CVs and cover letter stating the position in the email subject line to Zimbabwe@Rescue.org
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 13 July 2020
Related Jobs (14)
Transport and Logistics Manager – FMCG- Distribution on September 24, 2020 Full Time