Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2)Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems.
ICF is seeking an Operations Manager who will work closely with the Team Lead on project management, field and home office staff, subcontractors, consultants and vendors as needed. The Operations Manager will work closely with the IDDS Operations and Finance Director based in the U.S as well. This position operates under the management and oversight of the IDDS Zimbabwe Team Lead for day to day management.
- Work closely with the Team Lead and office staff to be responsible for all aspects of program administration and operations
- Maintain proper documentation for all office and project expenditures
- Liaise with vendors and other service providers and ensure invoices are verified and submitted on a timely basis
- Coordinate monthly requests of funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the program has all the necessary funds for the operations.
- Review purchase orders and consult with team leader for approval, prior to issuance of the purchase orders within agreed upon thresholds.
- Additional duties include; distributing payments, organizing workshops, maintaining asset lists, maintaining travel log, locating and assigning office space, managing operation’s vendors (e.g. transportation, cleaning, utilities), and ensuring safety.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with international donor programs
- Familiar with US government (USG) Rules and Regulations, and experience in a similar position on a USG-funded project preferred ((including AIDAR, CFR 226, CFR 228, ADS).
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Authorization to work in Zimbabwe
- Accuracy and attention to detail in the performance of duties is of critical importance.
- Excellent organizational skills, including task and time management
- Experience completing a variety of tasks by establishing priorities and working in a fast-paced office environment, under pressure and against numerous deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team.
- Impeccable business ethics, including the protection of confidential information
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Related Jobs (34)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy