World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbours and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. World Vision Zimbabwe is committed to the safeguarding of staff, children and communities that we work with, preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promote the welfare of children, youth, adults and individuals with whom World Vision engages with. World Vision expects all staff to share this commitment through our conduct and behavior. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work with us. If you share the same vision and values, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Participatory Health & Hygiene Education (PHHE) Facilitator (1)
Project: Proctor & Gamble (5 months)
Purpose of the Position:
To implement the Participatory Health and Hygiene Education Soft Ware components of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Projects.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and monitor participatory WASH (Water Sanitation and Hygiene) Software promotion and related project activities.
- Facilitate to ensure that project activities are implemented timely, efficiently and effectively to meet project objectives and standards.
- Mobilize communities and Town Council stakeholders, Ward and Village level to participate and contribute effectively in WASH Software r, sanitation and Hygiene projects.
- Facilitate improvement of knowledge of safe hygiene practices among the target urban communities through participatory hygiene education and with special focus on gender, vulnerability, mainstreaming of cross cutting commitments such as HIV and AIDS, Child Protection, disability, environment and social safeguards, disaster risk reduction, gender, access to services by the elderly and disadvantaged and disability
- Facilitate the designing participatory hygiene(IEC) and training materials for PHHE promotion interventions in line with the operational guidelines for hygiene promotion in urban areas and implement the same with focus on gender, vulnerability and disability
- Supporting solid waste removal campaigns.
- Supporting the town council in the development of a long-term plan for hygiene promotion interventions and provide necessary training and equipment (Mobility, IEC material etc.) for sustained hygiene promotion by the council
- Assist in needs assessments, baseline surveys, inventories, data collection and analysis activities incidental to project implementation.
- Liaise with local authorities, local communities and other community based agencies for the successful implementation of on WASH project activities.
- Support training of the Town Council staff on Customer Care and operation and maintenance
- Supporting the formation and facilitation of meetings of town level steering committees to coordinate Urban WASH issues
- Advocacy for adoption of appropriate/low cost technologies and standards, simplified/pro-poor tariff structures which capture all operation and maintenance costs for the WASH sector and ring fencing of WASH revenues and mainstreaming of disaster risk reduction;
- Collaborating and networking with other stakeholders on programming issues.
- Produce regular and timely progress reports.
Knowledge and Skills
- Higher National Diploma in Environmental Health, Community Development, Water & Sanitation or any other relevant discipline. A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health/Science or Water and Sanitation, Community Development will be a plus.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in implementing Water Sanitation, Health and Hygiene Education projects.
- Experience in Community Based Management of WASH projects
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy.
- A clean class four (4) driver’s license.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14 December 2020