Leonard Cheshire Disability Zimbabwe (LCDZ), a local Zimbabwean disability services organisation seeks for an ambitious and determined self-starter to fill the position of Partnerships and Resource Development Officer that have arisen within the organisation.
Contract Duration: 12 Months with possibility of renewal subject to availability of funding
- The purpose of this position is to develop and implement a partnership, and fundraising strategy including establishing the infrastructure to grow programmes through e.g. solicitation, grants, competitive bids and corporate and foundation support.
- The Officer will research, analyse and maintain regular register of donor calls for funding applications including tenders, expressions of interest and requests for proposals.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of expressions of interest, pre-qualification documents and (proposals, bids and tender submissions) that effectively communicate our ability to implement, monitor and evaluate projects that enable change in people’s lives.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant educational background in Social Studies/ Development Studies/ Social Work/.
- Good track record of securing projects/contracts from various funding organisations such as trusts and foundations.
- At least a minimum of two years’ experience in new business development including strategy, forging partnerships including negotiating teaming agreements, project design, log frame development, proposal writing, budget development, managing donor and other partner relationships and project reporting. This includes developing technical/narrative and cost proposals.
- Directly relevant experience in leading the development of proposals submitted in partnerships with other organisations as either the primary applicant or a sub-contractor.
- Educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of multiple donor compliance, procurement and grant management.
All interested candidates who meet the stated qualifications and profile should submit a resume with three contactable referees and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com
The cover letter should highlight the expected gross salary and date of availability.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31 March 2020 (4pm)