Business Unit: Wholesale Banking
Geographical Area: Zimbabwe
Department: Technology Services Department
Vacancy Manager: Technical Services Manager
Purpose of the job
To plan and provide Switch application support, diagnostics and analytics for all BancABC digital channels and implement all new digital channels, Switch and e and m-commerce solutions in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Main Focus Areas
PLANNING, DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF e- CHANNELS
- Advises and recommends to Technical Services Manager on Channels issues
- Identifies, proposes and plans the design and development of channels services in collaboration with internal and external developers
- Reviews Technical specifications in collaboration with internal developers and external service providers to ensure optimal implementations
- Carry out scheduled maintenance of channels services
- Analyses, on a daily basis, system reports and resolves system issues or bottlenecks to ensure maximum availability and performance of the switch and other applications.
- Supports and maintains the Switch and implements the Switch integrations to the Core banking system or Third Party Providers such as ZSS,PEX and Zimswitch
CHANNELS SUPPORT & MONITORING
- Troubleshoots and resolves transaction related issues according to incident and problem management processes on a daily basis.
- Performs administration of the Switch application and related applications: controls and monitors users access permissions and privileges.
- Checks and works closely with Systems Engineers to ensure that hardware resources allocated to applications are sufficient for high resilience and performance.
- Ensure that end-to-end system availability is maintained at agreed SLAs.
- Checks that scheduled jobs and processes are run as per business requirements.
- Works closely with the applications and Business departments
to provide technical and user manuals where applicable.
- Communicates regularly with other technical, applications and operational staff to ensure application integrity and security.
- Provide training to end users on existing and new channels.
- Provides support for all deployed channel systems
CARDS , THIRD PARTY PROCESSORS AND CORE BANKING SYSTEM SUPPORT
- Implements and supports Instant Card issuance and EMV Chip and PIN card products
- Provides technical support for migration of Card products like VISA, MasterCard and Zimswitch
DISASTER RECOVERY AND BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLANNING
- Participates in Business Continuity Planning, testing and evaluation processes.
- Works closely with vendors and checks that the Bank’s switch platforms back-ups are performed on a daily basis.
- Advises the Technical Service Manager on identified points of failure in the deployed channels
- Analyse audit trail reports for channels
- Maintain and report User Profile Matrixes for channels
- Analyses daily, Weekly and Monthly reports for all Channels
- Develop and provide requested transaction and system Reports
Qualifications and Work Experience
- First Degree in Computer Science or equivalent will be required.
- MBA an added advantage
- Switch qualifications
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a similar or related environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Outstanding people and business management skills.
- Highly Innovative
- Good Project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong relationships building and networking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong adherence to deadlines and targets.
- Up -to -date with the current (and future) levels of Technology.
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.com with the Heading: “Payment Switch Engineer” or hand deliver to Human Capital Administration offices
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing Date: 19 June 2020 @ 1630hrs.