Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of Payroll Officer, based in Harare, Belgravia. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) program. The contract of employment is for one year from 01 October 2020 to 30 September 2021 and is renewable subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
The position’s main objective is that of ensuring the efficient administration of the organization’s payroll functions. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Human Resources Officer.
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information;
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave and reporting on this;
- Production and distribution of payslips before salary payments;
- Attending to and resolving payroll queries and discrepancies;
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures;
- Developing ad-hoc financial and operational reporting as needed;
- Managing leave days efficiently and constantly updating the Leave tracker;
- Administering the Housing, Staff loans and Pension schemes;
- Processing salaries for temporary staff, per diem and review meeting allowances;
- Computing and processing of terminal benefits;
- Conducting monthly reconciliation of payroll figures;
- Drafting and implementing the Salary Matrix;
- Preparing statutory returns and remittances and raising requisitions for their payment;
- Attending to audits.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Social Sciences, Commerce or equivalent;
- Possession of an IPMZ diploma will be an added advantage,
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in payroll processing preferably using PayDay system;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages especially Excel;
- Good report writing, interpersonal communication skills with an ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- The need for great attention to detail and a high degree of professionalism and discretion is imperative.
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates to email@example.com or to the below mentioned address:
The Human Resources Officer,
10 Natal Rd,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.