Duty Station: Mutare
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organization that specializes in sexual health, HIV and AIDS research in Zimbabwe. The organization is implementing a National Sex Work Programme behalf of and in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Child Care and the National AIDS Council with the aim of reducing HIV acquisition and transmission among female, male and transgender sex workers thereby reducing HIV transmission and acquisition to and from their clients. Low consistent condom use, risk of drug use and increasing transactional sex are some of the common reasons that put these key populations at risk of acquiring STI and HIV infection. Therefore, reaching these populations and increasing awareness and access to STI & HIV prevention, testing and treatment services are fundamental to reducing transmission of STI and HIV infections. The program is supported by Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFATM) and other funding partners including USAID through PSI, the Elton John AIDS Foundation and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Scope of Work
Under the supervision of Project Coordinator and Site Leader the outreach worker will be responsible for mapping of communities, identification of hot spots, identification and recruitment of Peer Educators, training and mentorship of Peer Educators, supervise the implementation of self-help Groups, and monitoring evaluation and reporting on outreach activities.
Specific duties include
Research Program intervention:
- The Peer Educator Supervisor will assist the Research/Program Coordinator in working with the communities to identify, recruit and train suitable Sex workers as Research Peer Educators.
- The Outreach worker will assist in all training of PE and supervision and monitoring of their day to day activities.
- He/ She must have a very good working relationship with the community of sex workers.
Communication with communities:
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring good communication with communicating project objectives and updates to stakeholders and providing program related information and material.
Establishing and maintaining Self Help Groups:
- The Outreach Worker will help establish SHGs and will assist the PE in running the groups using guided topics once every week as outlined in the SHG manual
Establishing and marinating microplanning:
- The outreach worker will support PEs to conduct and maintain micro planning activities, conduct weekly support and supervision meetings with PEs and supporting documentation as detailed in the micro planning SOP.
- The Outreach Worker will help in collating data that is compiled by PEs during their outreach activities and inputting this data into the CeSHHAR database.
Any other duties as required by the Project Coordinator
Qualifications and experience
- A degree in social sciences;
- Counselling diploma and experience in HIV/AIDS counselling an added advantage;
- Demonstrable experience and interest in community outreach work, ability to do community mobilization, create rapport with personnel from collaborating or associate institutions and work independently but within a team framework;
- Current and valid certificate in GCP and Ethics an advantage.
- A current certificate in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics;
- Experience working with vulnerable populations (sex workers) an added advantage;
- Skills in financial literacy, violence prevention and child protection highly desirable
If you are interested in the above position please email your CV and application cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position and duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 20 March 2020 (4:30pm)