Contract type: Fixed term
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with over five million supporters and a network active in more than 100 countries on five continents. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Zimbabwe seeks to recruit a proficient, energetic and motivated individual to take up this exciting position based at our Harare office.
The incumbent will support delivery of WWF Zimbabwe’s Conservation Strategy through the development and effective implementation of People Management and Organizational Development strategies.
- Implement the people management and development strategy (including recruitment and selection practices, disciplinary issues, grievance resolution, counselling, compensation and benefits, staff and consultant contracts, training and development, succession planning and talent management, morale and motivation building, culture and attitudinal development);
- Facilitate and coordinate the implementation of the performance appraisal system;
- Develop and support measures to improve organizational culture and employee well-being;
- Maintain personnel files and oversee payroll administration and management;
- Coordinate the development and lead the implementation of Organisational Development strategies, budgets and work- plans, in close collaboration with the Country Director and SMT to ensure long term sustainability of the Zimbabwe office;
- Coordinate implementation and reporting under the office’s Organisational Development programme.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Human Resources Management, administration, business management, Organisational Psychology or other related field (advanced degree preferred);
- Membership of a relevant professional body;
- Proven track record, and at least 5 years of experience in human resources management and/or organisational development;
- An understanding of, and vocational interest in, environmental conservation, international development, not-for-profit sector and other related fields.
Required Skills and Competencies
- The ability to communicate effectively, inspire, coach and seed behaviour change in the workplace;
- Proven leadership skills in design, administration and management of Human Resource Management systems, payroll, policies and processes;
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment;
- Experience of working in a matrix organization;
- High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail;
- Energetic, proactive and capable of working independently as well as within and across teams; and exemplification of WWF’s key values, which are: Listening deeply, collaborating openly, innovating fearlessly and striving for impact.
Email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae clearly indicating the position applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and work permit restrictions might apply.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.
Deadline: 17 June 2020
Related Jobs (33)
Accountability, Monitoring & Evaluation Facilitator on September 25, 2020 Contract
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time