Deloitte is a leading global provider of Audit and Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory, Tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organisation”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 312,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
Our Professionals demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: To be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
About the Service line
It takes a high-powered network of internal support professionals to keep Deloitte going strong. The Internal Client Services (ICS) function provides a wide variety of support services to our organisation and people. Rewarding career opportunities are available in:
- Human Resources
- Information technology
- Marketing and Communications
- Financial support services, and much more.
As with all the functions in Deloitte, a core set of competencies is associated with each Internal Client Services area. An overall understanding of value-added client service, the experience to work in multifunctional and cross-border teams, strong business acumen and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Internal Client Services.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
Purpose of the Role
- To create, own and deliver on the overall People & Purpose (P&P) Strategy for Deloitte & Touche Zimbabwe including Human Resources, Recruitment, Learning and Operations Management in Zimbabwe, through the effective delegation and management of the team’s delivery to the business and leadership team.
- To ensure that the P&P Team delivers an integrated and seamless service which is aligned with the firm’s business strategy.
Key Performance Areas:
- Understands the business mandate and communicates this effectively to the team
- Establishes and maintains external business relationships within area of expertise to collaborate on, understand and share best practice
- Based on expertise and experience, advises and supports Service Lines leadership in identification and implementation of innovative solutions to issues arising within area of expertise
- This role leads and owns the development and delivery of the overall Talent strategy for P&P, Learning, Operations and Recruitment.
- Directs implementation of strategy within area of expertise through a detailed plan:
- Identification of change initiatives that support Deloitte & Touche Zimbabwe’s specific strategic objectives as evident in the strategy document compiled and executed by this role on an annual basis.
- Approval of team’s implementation plans with timelines, actions and measures for success. This role owns that deliverable and tracks against it in the Financial Year (FY) for all areas
- Working with external organisations to develop and design content for Deloitte & Touche Zimbabwe in driving an operating model that translates into the strategy model which needs performance management built into system
- Supports leadership in achievement of overall Firm’s strategic objectives. This also includes the transformation agenda, the Diversity & Inclusion agenda, the attraction of scarce skills agenda, the technical learning and professional learning agenda, as well as the staffing global mandates.
- Builds strong professional relationships across Deloitte Service Line leadership levels to understand varying needs of different areas. The incumbent of this role is expected to have knowledge of the leadership across Deloitte, as well as in-depth knowledge of the various service area offerings in Deloitte & Touche Zimbabwe specifically to enable P&P, recruitment, learning and operations.
Internal Client Impact:
- Oversees the delivery of a significant area of P&P collaborating with other specialised areas within P&P centres of excellence like SAP, Reward, RIL and Central Learning
- Provides support to Service Line Managing Partner and Service line Leaders on strategic / complex technical issues that may include partner matters like assisting in poor performance of managers and associate directors, manager and associate director misconduct and strategic guidance on complex talent needs which need translation into outsourced strategy models and platforms which are used internally
- Acts as sounding board to teams on business decisions and direction as needed. This includes both the Partners, as well as the P&P team
- Develops thought leadership within area of expertise and shares knowledge through internal presentations, and to team for delivery improvement
- Maintains high level oversight of all change initiatives, implementation of projects, quality and timeliness of team delivery which includes performance review deadlines, turnaround times in recruitment, quality and quantity of learning programmes. This also relates to all global projects across the P&P offerings that roll out in Deloitte & Touche Zimbabwe
- Provides teams with expert advice in terms of strategic business partnering, direction and recognition to team
- Provides own Service Line leadership in this case, the People & Purpose Partner and Managing Partner, with status of delivery across the firm for reporting purposes
- Oversees risk issues within area of responsibility and urgently addresses these in line with the tight and stringent Risk, Independence and Legal requirements.. Drives Deloitte values of exceptional service to internal clients, growing the firm’s brand and talent development
Development / Growth of Team:
- Identifies, recruits, mentors and develops managerial offering team members
- Acts as counsellor to employees within Service Lines ensuring effective coaching and guidance in development and career growth
- Develops effective relationships with key talent and ensure they are well supported in their career growth
- Maintains robust succession plan for all senior / critical resources, depending on the profile / need expertise
- Empowers team through effective delegation
- Provides consistent recognition and encouragement to teams and leads by example
- Demonstrates commitment to transformation agenda of the firm
Budgets and Cost Containment:
- Prepares annual budget for P&P to the Service line Leadership
- Manages Deloitte Zimbabwe P&P budget ensuring no overruns and approving overall expenses and costs
.Differentiators for this specific role
- The incumbent of this role is responsible for the full P&P Portfolio, which includes Human Resources, Recruitment, Learning and Operations
- This role requires the individual to analyse, ideate, and create Talent solutions for business with oftentimes vague and ambiguous information provided to ensure a distinctive talent experience from recruitment, through development, global projects, retention and eventual alumni status
- The incumbent will be required to negotiate with external vendors and suppliers as required, in agreeing upon rates, fees and contract terms acceptable to Deloitte & Touche Zimbabwe as a whole.
- This role requires the individual to be able to operate and make an impact broader than just the Zimbabwe role, as leadership expects this individual to contribute towards and lead projects (like Resource Management), and initiatives (like Manager Assessment Development Centre), and facilitate at events (like the Management Summit and various internal courses), that impact positively on the firm as a collective
- The role is responsible for the full HR value chain
- Recruitment of the best talent to meet Zimbabwe’s aggressive growth targets
- Graduate programme across Zimbabwe
- Development of talent through roles, curricula and liaising on Deloitte University programmes, material and best practice
- Retention of top talent through specific initiatives as well as having an in-depth understanding of remuneration structures
- Implementation of Deloitte & Touche Zimbabwe specific projects with significant impact on the business
- Development and retention of Transformation Talent
- Running full performance and reward process start to end with complicated structures and natures of individual contracts including the director body
- A key area of responsibility of this role is problem solving. Leadership expects that this role take full responsibility for problem solving across value chain to ensure undisputed leadership in the support functions
- Internal client relationships are deliberately built, maintained and grown to ensure success in role
- This specific role is driven by relationships that span across both the firm and the Talent practices
- This role requires ownership and responsibility for dynamic problem solving to meet a very agile business
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Suitable Bachelors Degree, Honours Degree
- Postgraduate qualification (relevant to Service Area / Human Resources, Business Management, etc.) – Preferred
- A minimum of 8+ years’ experience within the relevant function
- At least 3+ years in a senior management role
- Academic & extensive, deep knowledge of the full function HR Value Chain, with an ability to apply knowledge to resolve the most complex business issues
Core Professional Technical / Behavioural Capabilities
- Expert in field with excellent industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Solid financial knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Highly adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Good business acumen
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer.
Related Jobs (36)
Quality Assurance Manager – Agricultural and Distribution on September 22, 2020 Full Time
Advocating School Readiness Policy Environment and Capacity in Zimbabwe on September 22, 2020 Consultancy