AHF is an international humanitarian organization operating in Zimbabwe, partnering with the Ministry of Health and Child Care to create Centers of Excellence in health facilities. AHF is looking for a highly qualified Pharmacy Technician to fill in the position that has arisen at the Mabvuku Polyclinic Pharmacy.
The position is critical to ensure efficient day to day management of all antiretroviral and opportunistic infections drugs. The role will also include liaison with other healthcare workers at Mabvuku Polyclinic Pharmacy.
The Pharmacy Technician will perform the following duties:
- Processing of prescriptions, dispensing of medications to patients according to treatment guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- Provide instruction and information regarding correct use of medicines supplied;
- Counselling of patients on adherence to medications, adverse reactions, and food requirements of their medications;
- Data collection for reporting and ordering purposes monthly and timeous production of required reports;
- Receive and store incoming supplies; counts stock and enter data in computer and stock cards to maintain accurate inventory;
- Stock management and control, including regular stock take;
- Work with the clinic team to ensure that supplies that directly impact patient care are available all the time;
- Assist and communicate with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g. adverse drug reactions);
- Participate in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity care;
- Developing standard operating procedures and job aids to improve pharmacy systems;
- Maintain high levels of professionalism and good ethical practice in the pharmacy;
- Undertake pharmacy activities in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation;
- Promote teamwork, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting partner organizations, governmental organs etc.;
- Participate in pharmacy and clinic staff orientation; including supervision of junior staff;
- Exercise appropriate judgment and good decision-making skills; and assume additional responsibilities as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and / or Experience
- Pharmacy technician diploma;
- Certification in ART, OI’s and Supply Chain Management;
- At least 3 years post graduate experience in a pharmacy, preferably with ARV and OI medications;
- Registration by Pharmacist Council of Zimbabwe and in good standing.
We at AIDS Healthcare Foundation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Interested candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line Pharmacy Technician AHF Zimbabwe.
Shortlisting will begin immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22 May 2020