Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
Position Description Plant Manager – Zimbabwe
The Plant Manager will have overall responsibility for equipment processing activities for the area consisting of a number of service centres under his/her control. The incumbent is responsible to develop and manage relationships with all 3rd party service providers, Trade Unions as well as customers where onsite activities occur within their area of responsibility.
The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring that all Company policies and procedures (ie SLA’s and SOP’s) are adhered to and implemented by all staff and 3rd party contractors situated in his/her area of responsibility.
People and Safety
- Promote and drive a culture of Zero Harm.
- Implement and drive the safety strategies across CHEP and TPM plants.
- Responsible for the GAP, SEMP and Environmental requirements and audit results.
- Recruit, motivate and develop subordinates and ensure a succession plan is in place.
- Develop a motivated and productive workforce through effective people management and communication skills.
- Ensures that good communications and sound relationships are maintained with all employees, shop stewards and respective unions.
- Negotiate annual conditions of employment with the respective trade union.
Cost and Metrics
- Develop, implement and manage processes to drive efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Managing plant costs, production, ensuring highest physical throughput meeting company objectives.
- Report on all Plant KPI’s and compile monthly reports.
- Responsible for the management and control of all hire stock and raw material.
- Highlight areas of risk and manage variances to ensure the prevention of any stock losses.
- Participates in regular stock audits, supervises all quarterly and annual stock-count audits and resolves queries.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is efficiently stocked with both hire equipment and repair material to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and implement quality systems to ensure customer quality standards are met.
- Conducts quality audits and analyse the data to ensure corrective action is taken for poor quality and/or over-repair.
- Follow up and resolve all customer complaints and recommends/implements solutions.
3rd Party Service Providers
- Manage and assist 3rd Party Service Providers through Service Level Agreement stipulations and requirements. (SLA’s)
- Effectively develop 3rd party relationships with a continuous focus on reducing costs through cooperative initiatives and amicable business negotiations.
- Ensure 3rd party compliance to all CHEP Operational SOP’s as well as statuary requirements which includes the LRA, BCEA, EE, and OHSACT.
- Ensures that all legal and statutory requirements (such as labour legislation) as well as Company policies and procedures applicable to the Operations function are implemented and complied with by all staff.
- Ensures efficient and effective operating methods (i.e. for inspection, repair, manufacture, etc.) are developed and maintained to achieve productivity, quality and cost targets.
Plant and Property Maintenance
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the plant to ensure a smooth, efficient operation of the plant and machinery at the Service Centre(s) in accordance with Company and Government Regulations and Standards
- Ensure that all electrical and mechanical equipment are operating in strict accordance with Government and Company Rules and Regulations
Required Qualification, Experience and Skills
- B-Tech Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- 10 Years Production Management experience in a unionized environment
- Results driven
- Sound business and commercial acumen.
- Computer literacy (SAP, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Assertive with good communication, organisational and negotiation skills.
- Sound people management with extensive knowledge of Industrial Relations.
- Good knowledge of OSHACT Safety legislation and procedures is essential
Related Jobs (26)
General Manager – Mining Operation – Mine Based – Senior Executive on December 2, 2020 Full Time
Technical Officer – Integrated HIV Services (Harare) on November 29, 2020 Full Time