Date of Commencement: April 2020
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Women’s Coalition of Zimbabwe, (WCOZ) a National network of women’s rights organisations and individual activists that advocates and defends women and girls in Zimbabwe seeks to recruit vibrant, efficient, self-driven, highly motivated, enthusiastic and team players for the above position.
Coordinating WCoZ Policy lobbying and advocacy initiatives to promote implementation and accountability of duty bearers to national, regional and international laws, policies, conventions, treaties and agreements that promote women’s rights, gender equity and equality
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinating awareness raising and advocacy platforms on women’s rights and gender laws and policies in conjunction with cluster lead organizations, chapters and stakeholders;
- Coordinating thematic policy analysis and advocacy submissions to relevant duty bearers and follow up activities;
- Develop and coordinate research and advocacy evidence generation and knowledge management for effective collective advocacy strategies that promote changes in the policy and legislative environment as well as practices at local, national and regional levels;
- Design and coordinate campaigns for mobilizing and providing technical support for women’s equal and full participation in policy development processes including parliament and local government processes;
- Providing technical support for WCoZ thematic clusters operations and implementation of cluster advocacy plan of actions;
- Design and coordinate periodic policy and advocacy capacity development for WCoZ members, staff and relevant stakeholders;
- Tracking and consolidating feminist policy analysis reports, stakeholders’ periodic policy briefs, and fact sheets on women and girls’ rights policy and advocacy;
- Coordinating development, validation and submissions of constitution, regional and international instruments CSO shadow reports to relevant treaty bodies;
- Designing and organizing implementation of rapid response advocacy actions on emerging women’s rights advocacy issues;
- Enhance the quality and relevance of the organization’s internal and external policies in the context of women’s rights gender equity and equality.
- University Degree in Law, Social Sciences, Development, Politics and Administration or any related field;
- Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- Minimum five years of experience in NGO work with experience in women’s rights policy advocacy, movement building and organizing on feminist policy analysis and coordinating multi-stakeholders’ advocacy campaigns.
Send your application and CV to: email@example.com
Please give at least two reachable referees.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Deadline: 23 March 2020